Tuesday, February 21, 2006




"Every piece of the universe, even the tiniest snow crystal, matters somehow. I have a place in the pattern, and so do you." -T A Barron

I matter...

Little old Beth Lynn in her little house and her little life in Utah matters.

I know what you're thinking. Um, hi, you're just now realizing it?

Yes...yes I am. A simple somewhat silly conversation with a good friend that involved relationships turned into something that I desperately needed. No he didn't profess his love to me...(thank goodness, he's like my brother!) he taught me a special lesson though.

I spend way too much time worrying about what other people are thinking. I worry because people don't say the things to me that I want them to say or sometimes even need them to say because they're being oblivious (i'm not judging..i've done it) I learned a lesson tonight that I have had to learn over and over again in my life and probably will have to learn again as ridiculous as that is.

I matter to my Heavenly Father. He has a plan for me that maybe I don't necessarily see happening how I thought it would. When other people let me down because they don't put forth as much as I put into them, or because they don't have just the right words that I need to hear. My Father in Heaven is there and He does hear me and He knows better then I do what I need. I have to be living worthily of His blessings.

Two of the things I am grateful for today:

A friend who was in tune enough with the spirit to be the mouth that could speak the words I needed to hear because I wasn't listening closely enough to hear it on my own.

And that the great wall that has slowly built up around my heart broke down enough today so that I could feel the pierce of what was said and the truthfulness of it.

That's a big jumble of thoughts right there but if nothing else...they make sense to me.

No comments: