Tuesday, November 22, 2005

For Good


"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most grow if we let them and we help them in return...because I knew you I have been changed for good." -For Good, Wicked Soundtrack

So tomorrow my Lora Michelle is getting married. Lora was one of the first people I met (besides Amy) when I moved to Utah. They have been my very best friends ever since. I never thought it would be hard for Lora to get married, and really it hasn't been TOO hard it's just more weird then anything. The "us" that is made up by Amy Lora and Beth is becoming an "us" plus John. If anyone had to be added I would want it to be John because he is fabulous and he is bringing Lora back to us here in Utah next year. But it's so weird to see this phase end. I have been thinking so much about how much these girls have blessed my life and I am just overwhelmed. I couldn't be more grateful to have these girls in my life. We have laughed hysterically together, and cried together, we have been spread from California all the way to Florida and stayed friends through it all thanks to 3-way calling and cell phones. We were even in three different time zones when we were awakened by Lora calling to tell us she was engaged. Amy and I live together now and as close as we are whenever Lora comes back to visit it's like she never left, her little niche is still right there and we saved it for her because no one can fill it as hard as they try. Lora has stayed up all hours with me during my worst times. She was the one I called at 2:30 in the morning when I was having my first anxiety attack, even though she was in California and couldn't do anything, but she had enough wisdom to call people to come over and give me a blessing all while she was finding out her car had just been broken in to. She has been an incredible strength to me and I am so happy that she is going to marry this wonderful man and have all of the things she has always dreamed of having. I realize more and more each day that Heavenly Father is aware of us and he puts people into our lives right when we need them and some stay (like my Joanie and Lora and Amy and Rach) and some go but I have been changed for the better because of them. I just know I am so blessed and I just can't wait to spend all day tomorrow with my two best friends one in beautiful white and two in "blush and bashful" and just sharing the joy of what tomorrow is. I am blessed. :-)

No comments: