Monday, December 08, 2008

I wore a coat today.

Just thought you all should know that it finally felt cold enough for a coat today. Actually it was downright freezing today, but it sure did make me happy. Someone (ehem Sassy...) mentioned my lack of blogging since the month long blog-a-thon and so I decided to bless your lives with yet another....

Little known facts about BETH: Christmas Edition!

I know, I know you've been dying to hear more. So here it is...

-I am discovering that I have a mild obsession with the song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". I have many different versions and I love to listen to it over and over. Of the Christmas songs that focus more on the traditions of the season it is definitely my favorite.

-If I am driving when it starts to snow I always go and sit in my car by the temple and watch the snow fall in front of the temple before I go home. It became a personal tradition without really thinking about it.

-I love coming up with gifts for the people I love. It becomes a challenge to myself. I am always trying to come up with the perfect gift for that person. I think I am always more excited about the gift then the person receiving it is. This year I am spending less money and it has been fun for me to come up with meaningful gifts that don't cost a lot. When I look at the gifts I have purchased so far I can say, without a doubt, that I purchased each one after much thought and although inexpensive or simple I purchased it with that person in mind specifically.

-I hate wrapping Christmas presents. I always want them to be beautiful and they never are. That frustrates me.

-Although ridiculously expensive, I love Hallmark cards with sound and I feel they are worth every penny. I've seen two that I absolutely fell in love with, one I already bought for someone so I won't describe it, but the other has Linus on the front and when you open it you hear Linus explaining what Christmas really is all about. I love it.



-I really really love James Taylor's Christmas album and I am not ashamed in the least.

-Up until tonight I have slept with my window open every night. It's finally too cold for that. Although I will miss that glorious moment that I have had so many years in the past when I wake up and know it snowed because my window is open and I can smell the freshness. Call me crazy but I love that feeling.

-I prefer soft lighting. This is the case year round but comes out in force around Christmas. I would rather turn on a few small lamps then use a harsh overhead light. Perhaps this explains my obsession with lamps...and it all comes together.

-I almost bought one of those DVD's of a crackling fireplace tonight. I still might go back and get it...how relaxing would that be. Fireplace won't work? Next best thing...







3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love little known facts about Beth!

Joan said...

Two words as to why Joan & Beth are not roommates: soft lighting.

Ha! I laughed out loud when I read that because I'm such a nut about making sure I have enough lighting to do stuff. What stuff? Who knows.

Love you, Bethie!

Beth's Aunt said...

I love little known facts about Beth, too, primarily because I'm always surprised that in spite of my best efforts there are still some things about my beautiful niece I don't know!

Sassy