Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will.

We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

As my own little memorial to Elder Wirthlin, who passed away last night, I decided to read my favorite talk that he gave "The Great Commandment". The quote above is from that talk. Every time I read the talks from conference I feel a little stronger and I get something a little different depending on what is happening in my life.

I'm very grateful for Prophets & Apostles that speak truth with love and kindness in their hearts. I know that the words they speak are for a reason and today I was reminded of that as I read Elder Wirthlin's talk. I needed to be reminded that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and He knows what I can become. Perhaps deep down that is something I know. That would explain why, in the moments of loneliness & sadness I have experienced this week I felt I could only turn to Him. He will always be there and will see past my flaws, my insecurities, weaknesses etc.

No comments: