Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's time...

I'm learning that change doesn't always just happen. If I feel like I need a change and it isn't just happening all by itself then it's time that I work to figure out what needs to change. After much pondering and prayer I have decided that it's time to say goodbye to my life in BYU wards. After 7 years and many wonderful experiences I am going to start attending a stake singles branch. I am within the boundaries and I'm excited for the change. I went to the ward today and I feel good about it. I'm nervous, because this is all new for me. For the first time in my years as a singles ward attendee I will be going to church & activities alone. I won't have the support of roommates as I try to meet new people but I am in a place where I think I am ready for that. I have hopes that I will be able to meet some great people and have an opportunity to serve in the branch. I haven't been in a branch since I lived at home and it was strange to see that the entire branch could fit in the small Relief Society room. This will be a new adventure, and I certainly hope it's a good one. :) I plan to make it the best that I possibly can.

Speaking of change, I'm doing something else that is new and different for me as well. I've been wanting to get a second job for awhile so that I could have a little more money coming in and also fill some free time. Every time I decide to do this my full time job announces that we will be working overtime for the next week/month/year...you never really know, and I get too overwhelmed and tired to even consider getting a second job. As you all know I'm a little addicted to Scentsy and I had a party this past week. Afterwards I got the whole "You could sell this too" schpeel and I was convinced. To be honest it didn't take much convincing because I LOVE the product and it basically sells itself. So, I'm going to start selling Scentsy and I'm pretty excited about it. If anyone is interested in helping me out as I try to start my own little business I would love it. If you want to have a party or already have a warmer and need more scents, give me a ring! :) The parties are so relaxed and as I learned at my party, there is no hard selling. The woman that did my party stood back, ate some cheese & crackers and let everyone smell the scents and make their decisions. So leave a comment if you're interested!

Enough of my sales pitch, thanks for reading.

And now, as you all know, this is the last day of November which means no more mandatory daily blogging. I've loved having a place to unload all of my random thoughts from the day but I'll also love not having to come up with something to write when I have nothing to say! I'll post more often though, don't you worry your little heads about that. ;)

Thanks for joining me in the fun this month! Your comments make me want to keep writing, keep em comin'!

And a bit of nostalgia, some pictures from my very favorite BYU ward are randomly spread throughout this post. The experiences I had there are unlike anything I could have ever imagined and the people I met in that ward are some of the very best friends I could ask for.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, no more daily blogs but good job with your goal! Way to be! Also way to live life! Keep growing :)

Brian said...

Now I'm gonna be bored not getting my daily bEtH updates.

amybobamey said...

I have to say that I'm sorry I'm so out of the loop. I haven't talked to you in forever and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot in your life. Living far away from your friends is lame. But...now I found your blog and maybe I won't be so out of it anymore. Wish I was gonna be there on Sat, but I can't wait to see you at Christmas!