Friday, November 14, 2008

Beth Bethers...

Okay. I love nicknames. I have had many in my life. The most common being Bethie, Bess & Bethers. Others include, Diva, Feather (oh those were the days...), Besafer, Bessie, Goober, Death Beever...and the list goes on.

I love when people call me a nickname, I've never really known why but maybe it's a comfort thing. I don't go around calling people random nicknames unless I'm very close to them, so I guess I just assume that when people use a nickname it's a way of showing love & friendship. Random...but this doesn't just come out of nowhere, promise.

Chris was looking on facebook tonight and one of the people they suggested that he become friends with had the last name of "Bethers". We were thinking about how cool it would be for me to be named Beth Bethers. I would seriously love that. Seriously. Now, how do I make that happen...hmm.

Do you guys have any nicknames that people call you that you love? Or hate for that matter? I certainly don't love to be called Beth Beth. It's my least favorite nickname that I've had so far.

PS Thanks for the comments on my last blog! I rented some musicals tonight and started to watch The Music Man but can't finish it because my roommates are watching a movie. I'll let you know which are my favorites when I finish!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I haven't had too many nicknames since our day, but I do agree that when people call me Care it makes me feel like they must actually like me or at least are comfortable around me. I never ever realized that your name switched up was Death Beever - I absolutely love that!

Shauna Malia said...

I have a TON of nicknames too! For the first 3-4 years of my life I was called "chubba" (I was a pretty chunky baby). My family stopped calling me that years ago, but a few people from the ward I was a baby in still call me it... haha, but I love it. It's just me.

Variations on my name: My uncle calls me "Shaunanah" or "Shaunabanana". My aunties call me "sweetie girl". My big brother calls me "shaunabear" or "baby girl" (he's 10 years older than me). My big sister just calls me "Bear". My mom calls me "princess," "bunny," "niele girl"/"elephant ears" (I was a precocious kid). My dad has the most nicknames for me though: "Shaunabananaberry," "Bananaberry," "Sparky"/"Sparky the bear," "Shaunaberrybumbo," his "happiness," and many more...

My little siblings (ages 14-2) call me "Nah-nah" or "Nahns". The littlest one calls me "Tah-nah" (She can't say her "sh"s very well yet).

At school I was: "The Shaunz," "Shaunama," "Shaunanabananaberry," "Shaunie," "Shaunamanamanah," "Shaunica-rica," and "Twinner."

I love nicknames. I give them to everyone... even people I don't know. It's much easier to remember names that way. All of the boys/girls my friends date or tell me about all have nicknames. My favorite thing is when I meet someone, give them a nickname and then they use it all the time.

All of my guy friends have nicknames that I've given them that most have adopted: "Sven" (aka David), "Lars" (aka Lawrence), "Jam-Jam" (aka James Joseph), "Hanny Baby" (aka Jeff Han), "Dane*ger" (aka Dane), "Unky" (aka Scott), "Little Brother" (aka Scott), "BobEdPhilly" (aka Robert), "Bitter Buddy" (aka Nate), "Sexy" (aka Seth), "Divad" (aka David)... and that's only a few of them...

I think I've only nicknamed one of my girl friends... her name is "hoochiechu"... haha.

I <3 nicknames!