Friday, November 21, 2008

Many of you know that my nephew is kind of my pride and joy. How could you not know if you've met me. Well, I learned that from the best. Not many people are lucky enough to have a very close relationship with an aunt or an uncle. As you may have noticed, my family is freakishly close, which I absolutely love. My aunt, who all of you know as Sassy, has been an enormous part of my life and I'm really glad. So yes, this is another "why I'm so excited to go home" post but uh, nobody is making you read it if you don't want to...:)



My aunt is pretty cool. She'll do anything for her nieces & nephews (and great nephew...but don't call her Great Aunt Sassy she'll put you on the bad list...The Great Sassy is perfectly acceptable however.) and pretty much has. When I was growing up if I ever wanted something and my mom said no I always knew where to go. If Sassy wouldn't get it for me she would talk my mom into letting me have it. When I was sick she would talk to me on the phone so that I could be distracted and not throw up (I hated/hate throwing up...but then again who doesn't.) She worries about me more then you could ever imagine, but I know it's because she loves me. (Even if it drives me nuts :) Along with all of that she is a very good friend to me and I know that she'll always listen to my random stories or annoying babble (which she never thinks is annoying, only an Aunt would feel that way) and she forgives me if I'm so busy that we can only talk in 5 minute spurts. I can always count on the fact that when I go home we will have a Beth & Sassy day or a Cousins day with Sassy. We already have the Christmas one planned and I look forward to it! As long as she doesn't pet me. I know you're reading this woman! Don't pet me! :)

Oh, and her birthday is next Wednesday sooo HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY Sassy!! You look younger every year. (Just securing that extra special Christmas present....)


And, since I know she would have my head if I posted a picture of her on my blog, here is a picture of her two favorite nieces. If you're wondering, I'm the weirdo with the bunny ears and bowl cut...

1 comment:

Joan said...

Eeee!! You're coming home for Christmas!! Yay! Yay! YAY!

I guess we're really good friends since I've totally seen that picture before. Heh. Love the bunny ears.

And remember that time your mom & Sassy drove you out to my house and they couldn't stop talking about our ridiculous little one-lane bridge? How quaint. ;)