Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was exactly what I hoped for. A nice relaxing morning spent talking to family & going for a walk. Then an equally relaxing afternoon of cooking, TV on DVD watching, eating, piano playing & movie watching with my bestie. The best part about it all is that I get three more days of nothingness. Tomorrow may include some shopping, or maybe I will just sleep all day. Either way I'm sure it will be a great day.

I have been given so much in my life. So much that I can't express it all but I would be ungrateful not to show gratitude for what I have.

I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am grateful for the testimony I have of the gospel and for the strength it gives me every day.
I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. For His sacrifice & the peace that having a Savior brings.
I am grateful to know I am a daughter of God, Heavenly Father loves me and I can see that every single day.
I am grateful for my family. All of them and for their support, love and example of the kind of person I want to be.
I am grateful to have friends that I can call family. The support system I have in my friends always amazes me.
I am grateful for blessings that come and help me to be stronger then I feel is possible.
I am grateful for the struggles I have had and for the lessons I have learned from them & also for the blessings that make me want to continue to work harder to make myself better.
I am also grateful for self-control. It sure made this Thanksgiving even more enjoyable for me. :)
I am grateful for the friends that I can just "be" with and that there doesn't have to be anything spectacular going on for us to have fun. And I'm grateful I was able to have Thanksgiving with one of those friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your day was as wonderful as mine and that you were able to think about the blessings in your life.

No comments: