Thursday, November 06, 2008

Frogger?

Today wasn't very eventful. If I were to write about the majority of my day you would all stop reading long before I was done. Work is draining the life out of me like never before. I'm pretty sure there is a lot more to it then the 55-60 hour weeks because I've done that before and survived just fine.

Anyway, a story for you. On my way home I stopped at the store and then sat in my car getting things situated (plugging phone in, taking ipod out of case, hooking it up, getting to the correct radio station...all of which are things I do each time I get in the car, as you may know if you have ever driven with me.) I looked up and saw a man drive by in a truck and park his car. He didn't park next to me but he kept looking at me. Then he got out of the truck and started to walk toward me. Like the good little girl that grew up close to a big city that I am, I made sure my doors were locked and then started my car. I drove across the parking lot and then parked again since I had not yet gotten situated and in the moment that I sat there the man came up to my car! I was totally freaked, gave him a weird look and tried to ignore him. Again, remember I grew up being told to ignore people that spoke to me as I walked downtown, never open my car to strangers, etc. He continued to stand there and so I cracked my window the slightest bit. You most certainly couldn't even have fit a hand through the crack and he said "I'm meeting Frogger here, are you Frogger?" I promptly said no and then drove away. (ipod on, phone plugged in groceries in place) I couldn't help but wonder who he was meeting, as I left him standing in a grocery store parking lot. My guess would be an internet gaming friend, I mean really who else would go by "Frogger"?


Or maybe it's the first date set up on an internet dating site. Whatever the case I can guarantee that by the way he was dressed his beloved "Frogger" would not have been wearing sweat pants, an eatza pizza shirt, running shoes & a hoodie topped off with some super fantastic I-just-left-the-gym hair. Good of him to consider me though. And, true to the way I was raised, I spent the next 10 minutes of my drive trying to get my hands to stop shaking because I had been so afraid that the frogger lover was going to hi-jack my car. Now I'm home, safe and sound and considering taking a nap...because only Grandma's go to bed at 8.

3 comments:

Kevin and Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that iS too funny. Way to look hott even after the gym Beth!!

I hope they find some beautiful *hahem* frogger love.

PS. I kind of wish you had said "yes, I am Frogger." Just so you could tell us what happens on this sort of date. You may have gotten a free date to the Nickecade, and now you will never know. We've gotta beat the Baltimore Childhood out of you so you will be more receptive to random internet-dating-men-on-the-street.

Brian said...

Or perhaps "Frogger" was his drug dealer or contact with the Russian maffia. I think its a good thing that you didn't say yes. Way to go B-more girl!

Marina said...

I agree...I'm thinking the drug dealer idea!