Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Holidays!

As you can see by my blog, the Christmas season has officially begun for me. I began my Christmas shopping yesterday, continued with a little more today, and put up a few decorations that I got today. I put the wreath on the door, the smaller wreaths in the window, some garland & white lights on the balcony and a few little sit abouty things in my living room. Once I finish writing this I am going to make some Taco Soup, and then start watching some Christmastime movies. Beginning with A Charlie Brown Christmas then moving on to others. I love this time of year and I love the way the lights & decorations & weather fill me with warmth. (Yes, cold weather fills me with warmth, I love cuddling up in a blanket in a cold room.)

In other news, I smelled cologne today. Oh yummy. Lora was in search of the perfect cologne for her husband and I was the lucky one to go along on this adventure!! I love smelling cologne but rarely do it seeing as I really have no reason to. When I saw Hugo sitting there on the counter I had to go over and say hello. My friend Ryan used to bring out all of his cologne bottles when I went over so that I could sniff them and Hugo was my favorite. I would cradle the bottle in my hand and sniff it until he took it away. I did the same today, except no one was there to take it away. Since I couldn't take the bottle with me Lora & I sprayed some on the little papers they gave us and I stuck it in my purse. My purse has never smelled so good. Next time you see me ask to take a whiff. It will still be in there, I guarantee it. In our searching I also accidentally sprayed my hand with another cologne when I was trying to spray it onto a piece of paper. Luckily it smells good because for the last few hours my thumb has smelled like mens cologne. (even after washing my hands several times.)

So there you have it, the randomness of my day. I hope you are all enjoying this joyous holiday season! :) Oh and not to depress you or anything, but tomorrow is the last day of my blog-a-thon. I know, I know, whatever will you do without your daily dose of whit, beauty & humor. ba hahaha! Funny...



Here are some pictures of fabulous Christmas memories & traditions.

Traditions:
The cookie dough. Ohhh the cookie dough. And the pink bowl, you can't forget that.



Christmas Eve PJ's
Memories:

My uncle in that apron, now that is memorable. So was his reaction when he received it in a frame on Christmas.


Hanging out with my fabulous cousins. They aren't this young or this cute anymore and I think they're both taller then me BUT they both promised that even when they became stupid teenagers they would still love me.
My first trip to NYC over Christmas break a few years ago.

1 comment:

Marina said...

So I'm totally going to miss reading your blog everyday! I love to read and see what you choose to write about each day! But yea, anytime you want to smell Hugo just let me know. I can bring you a new piece of paper with the smell on it every time I see ya if needs be (Austin has a bottle of it and he never wears it. Mainly because I prefer the Aqua Di Gio instead...mmmm I'm litterally in love with that scent!!!). Anyway! When we get back from Pa we totally need to hang out. i miss you! Love you Bethie!