Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh I can't wait!

In less then a month I will be at home and I really can't wait! I'm so excited to see my family, to schlep across the city with my Aunt after she gets me from the airport, to actually be home for Christmas Eves Eve which is the most important part of Christmas for me and to see some friends. Now, all of these things are equally exciting and I'm sure you'll hear more about it in time but right now, the friends. Oh the friends!

I was pretty much the luckiest teenage girl in the whole world growing up. I made some amazing friends in my ward that are, to this day, some of my favorite people. We are spread across the country right now and I miss them so much. We were so lucky to all be in Utah for a few years together and I seriously loved that no matter what was going on, if I needed them they would drop everything for me, and vice versa.

One particular time I was having an awful time. It concerned something I didn't feel I could really talk to anyone about but I just knew I could go to Laura. I called her and she told me to come over and I proceeded to sit on her bed with her and cry for a very long time. I exploded and told her everything that was bothering me and told her things I never ever thought I would say out loud and she just let me. She told me that I was, in fact, not crazy and helped me to look at everything rationally. The other night I was missing her so much and I remembered that day and I just had to cry. I wish she wasn't on the other side of the country but I sure am glad that where she is is where I will be in less then a month!! That leads into my ode to Laura. My first memory of her was when she was about 4 years old and she was mad because she didn't have any powdered sugar on her french toast. Yes, it is that big of a deal!! We have been friends as long as I can remember, but much closer from teenagehood into...whatever it is we are in now. We used to fight like sisters and make up soon after. Her sarcasm is unmatched, except by her mother of course. She has been my inspiration for sarcasm, some may think that's a bad thing but her sarcasm is hilarious, you just have to know her to understand. She was in Utah on vacation when I moved here and I have to say I don't look at that as a coincidence. She made it so much easier for me to settle in. She is the one that I know I can go to for anything, even if we haven't talked in a very long time. I think she feels the same way about me, at least the middle of the night phone call when she got her first kiss & the fact that we always said that I could speak dolphin because I could always understand her when she cried & talked. I miss you TONS Laura Marie and I can't wait to see you soon.

The other two girls that I get to see in LESS THEN A MONTH are Jeffer & Heffer...or Jen & Heather, or Fur Brain & Heatherfer...call them what you will (I obviously do.) but I can't wait! They're both married (just like Laur) and living in two different states, oh they're sisters too. I love them and I love their family and I love how happy they make me! Heatherfer and I are the closest in age and have been really close since Beehives. She is so level headed and so dang funny. We had a lot of fun times when she was living in Utah still and I miss it so much. But, I'll admit, I'm glad she got married even if it did take her away from me. :) Jeffer is so fabulous and always in a great mood. I laugh forever when I am with her and always feel better about life after spending time with her. She has a little girl and I can't wait to meet her! I can't believe she is 1 and I still haven't met her! Heartbreak.

We have already conversed and are going to get together, all four of us, when we all go home for Christmas and I know we will just pick right up where we left off. I am so grateful for these wonderful girls and for the influence they have had on my life. You knew me when I had bangs and you love me anyway. That's huge. I love you girls!

1 comment:

Kevin and Laura said...

Oh Beth! What a great post! Maybe I am biased though...:)

I cannot wait until you get here and we can go to the temple again. I also cannot wait for hanging out with the Bishop girls just the four of us again. It is going to be so fantastic.

Thanks for all the compliments, it is so nice to hear them! YOU are the best!!! Love you!

PS. Thanks for bringing up the powdered sugar on the french toast story. Unofrotunately not much has changed...I still scream and yell till I get some powdered sugar. :)