Sunday, November 02, 2008

A reunion of sorts.



Wow, I'm in love with this picture. Not just because I am surrounded by wonderful friends that I love but because, man I was having a great hair day! Okay, sorry, I know that's ridiculously shallow but days like that are few and far between for me so I have to mention it. Thanks to VeNicia for posting this on Facebook, hope you don't mind that I stole it! :)

I had such a great time last night. I call it a reunion "of sorts" because most of the people I see pretty regularly. It's always such a nice change to go hang out with the Mansfield's though. I loved having a bit of a smaller group last night so that we could all sit together at one table for dinner. It rarely happens that way and I usually end up not getting a chance to talk to some people because there are so many people around. We had a nice evening filled with food, a game and lots of chatting. I always love being with these wonderful friends but I feel like last night was something I really needed. I'm struggling with expressing myself so lets just say that I haven't felt that "at home" feeling as much as I'd like lately. I've spent a lot of time alone because things are so busy or because the people I am closest to live 45 minutes or more away and I've had a lot of people comment on the fact that it's too bad all of my friends are married because married people are "boring". I have proof that that isn't true. Some of my favorite times are with my married friends. And just think, my friendship numbers have doubled because now I have the spouses of my friends as friends as well. Brenae, Cindy & John are the spouses that were involved in last nights activity (although Cindy was in the singles ward with us I just never knew her very well.) and I was just as excited to spend time with them as I was to see the ones that I hung out with in the old ward. I can't help but love them. It's practically impossible.

So thanks to everyone that came last night! It was exactly what I hoped for and needed and like I proved at the beginning of this blog post...It's all about me. :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad I'm not a boring married friend. :) I totally agree, last night was great fun and it was good to see you even if we didn't get to chat much.