Monday, September 20, 2010

Eat meat sparingly.

Tonight I went down south for FHE with the Tanners and Hulberts. Many months ago Lora and I had the grand idea that we would like Ben to teach us how to grill meat. We never did anything about this idea until last week when we planned a meat grillin' good time. We each brought meat (or pumpkin muffins in my case...) and Ben showed us how to season and grill it to perfection. Tucanos could close down tomorrow and I wouldn't care. They've got nothin' on Ben's grilling skills. We had tuna (so so good), boneless pork ribs (cooked two different ways with bbq sauce on them), chicken (marinated by the lovely Lora) and steak (my favorite, the tuna was a close second).

I will direct you to what I am sure will be a wonderful blog post about this evening once Lora writes her blog. She took lots of pictures and she's just a fabulous blogger. :)

I'm so glad that after a somewhat long day I was able to go and spend time with my friends that have a way of always lifting me up. When I lived close by I called the Tanners house my safe place. No matter what is going on in life I always feel completely safe and peaceful there. I hope that I will be able to have that same spirit in my home someday.

It was, by no means, a bad day it was just a tense day for me and I left with a happy and grateful heart. The weather was perfect, the food delicious and the company exactly what I needed. I laughed until I cried and I learned some stuff too! I love when that happens.

And then I drove home and rocked out to my favorite car song (of late). No pictures in this post, so enjoy a video. :)


No comments: