Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today I made Pumpkin Bread




This is how it went.

Start putting sugar in bowl, spill sugar.
Put eggs in bowl to beat, drop entire egg shell in eggs.
Take out applesauce (to replace oil) notice mold on applesauce (really?! it's not that old!)
Open cupboard to take out oil, accidentally hit open bag of chocolate chips.
Spill half bag of chocolate chips on counter and floor.
Don't move bag of chocolate chips off of counter while picking up spilled chips.
Knock over bag and spill more chocolate chips.
Add oil to eggs and sugar, drop spoon in mixture.
Add pumpkin mixture and spill some.
Mix dry ingredients together (no spilling or dropping, miracle?)
Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Mix.
Turn to get water, drop spoon into pumpkin mixture.
Get new spoon add water, add rest of dry ingredients then more water.
Add chocolate chips & leave left overs on top of hot oven.
Spray loaf pan and muffin pan. Pour batter into loaf pan (success!!)
Use measuring cup to pour batter into muffin pan.
While trying to stop spoon from falling into batter drop measuring cup (handle first, of course) into batter. (Oh, and don't worry the spoon still fell into the batter)
Put muffin and bread pans in oven (thank goodness!)
Get tupperware to store leftover pumpkin, drop lid into left over batter.
Turn to wipe down stove, notice chocolate chips on top of very hot stove.
Pick up bag, look inside, notice 1/4 bag of melted chocolate chips.

All I have to say is, this bread better be DELICIOUS.

***Just went to check on bread, loaf pan slipped and was tilted to the side, almost spilling contents on bottom of oven.

6 comments:

Lora said...

I don't know about you, but I am drooling over that picture. I hope it was worth all the hassle! See you tomorrow.

Carrie said...

I feel like this is my life right now in the kitchen. I drop everything lately. Big giant things full of stuff all over the floor. I keep telling myself to slow down and do things properly instead of trying to do shortcuts (which I am attempting to do all of the time right now) but I can't seem to do it! I am still dropping things. I dropped an entire tub of margarine on the floor the other day! Hope it all tastes good - it should, you have chocolate and pumpkin, hello! Even burnt that should be good! (I hope it doesn't burn!)

shandy said...

I had no idea that you were a blogger!!! I heart pumpkin bread. and pumpkin wonderful. and pumpkin pie. and pumpkin waffles. and pumpkin rolls. I also heart your cullinary adventures. Thank you for sharing.

Laura said...

AAAAANd......You're adorable.

merrilykaroly said...

Haha!!! I mean... not funny. Not funny at all.

Delicious??

Sassy said...

I laughed so hard at your kitchen adventure. We have to cook when you're home. You make kitchen disasters so funny! And I bet the pumpkin bread was delicious.