Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bambi...

This week on my way to work I had a most unfortunate experience involving a deer. Don't worry, Ruby (my car) and I have recovered. Neither of us were hurt, more just emotionally damaged. I was driving to work with my co-workers at o'dark thirty and we were discussing hunting. My co-workers husband had just gone hunting the night before and had killed a deer. He decided to save the head to mount...we won't go into how I feel about deer heads (or any dead animal for that matter) hanging on the wall as decor, I'll just say that when she told me that I said "In _____ (enter my hometown here) we aren't too in to mounting deer heads." Seconds later what did I do? I drove over top of a dead deer. That's right, coulda had my very own mounted deer head if I really wanted one. You see wha had happened was (thank you Fresh Prince for that phrase...) the truck in front of me drove over the deer. Now I'm not sure if the truck wanted to see how big and manly it could be and so they drove over top of it or if they just thought it was a speedbump on Geneva Rd where the speed limit is 50mph or if it was just an accident but I do know that the deer rolled (yes, rolled...I think) out from under the truck and I had nowhere to go. I didn't swerve because I didn't want to go into oncoming traffic and so I just drove over top of it. Right on over. It was disgusting. We all gasped. Recovered. Then laughed hysterically. How ironic for that to happen during the conversation we were having. Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?

So I haven't blogged in awhile, to catch you up I'll give you a photo summary with a blurb here and there to give you the latest and the greatest in the life of Beth. I'm considering trying to participate in Nablopomo http://nablopomo.ning.com/ during the month of November which basically just means you blog everyday but I can't make any promises. I will be working a thousand hours a week for much of the month. On to the photo summary of my life.

I played with this little guy when he and his mommy came to visit me at work.
Then he showed me how to sit in a frying pan when I made dinner for his mommy & I one night.

I went to "Narnia" That's another name that I have for the apartment complex I used to live in. (Now anyway, it used to be ugly now it looks like Narnia so I took Laur to see it)

I took this picture of the bushes by my old apartment. They were so tiny when I lived there and now they are HUGE!
I made some weight watchers friendly pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that are crazy delicious.
I've done much much more then that but haven't taken many pictures. I went to Idaho with my old roommate Allison and to a haunted village with her this weekend. Chris humored me and went to see HSM 3 (That's High School Musical 3 for you non-believers) with me last night which was fabulously fantastic. Oh man...oh man. I love HSM. I started taking piano lessons from my friend Crackers which I am incredibly excited about. Speaking of which...I need to go practice the 5 notes and 1 cord that I know. But first, the recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling just plain canned pumpkin)
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips (I use mini-chips so it feels like there are more.)

Mix together then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes!

3 comments:

Joan said...

OH I was wondering where you'd been. Out hitting deer with your car, eh? I love reading your blog. I'd have a blast if you did that blog a day thing. So so fun. I'd love to do that, too. See what my life is "really" like--hehe--sorry, I just always feel like there are people out there who aren't honest bloggers! It's like... Um, I *KNOW* your life is not that perfect, thank you!
Okay, so now I'm just babbling. Probably because we're moving in a week and have hardly packed and Caleb woke up every like 2 hours and I'm changing my name to Sicky Sickerton.
Oh and I need to write you back. Come see me in Maryland! Yay! Yay! Yay!!

Marina said...

funny thing, a girl here at work made those exact cookies and brought to work today for everyone (cause over half of the people in my office are doing Weight watchers) and they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing! love them! and love you! we need to hang out soon! miss you tons!

merrilykaroly said...

Oh those cookies sound yummy!

What an unfortunate deer :(