Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Little known facts about Beth

Little known fact #1: When I grow up I want to be Queen Latifah. I've seen her in several movies and always leave wishing I could be just like her! She seems to be so confident & she is so talented. I mean really, who wouldn't want to sing like her? She was in Hairspray which the whole world knows I love and sang a song called I Know Where I've Been. Here, check it out!



I'm most certainly not ashamed to admit that I listened to that song on repeat tonight as I drove home and sang at the top of my lungs. When I'm alone in my car I sound just like Queen Latifah, I'd sing it for you but it only works when I'm alone, you see. :) Speaking of Queen Latifah, I went to see The Secret Life of Bees tonight. I loved it. I laughed, I cried, I was quite impressed that it was so similar to the book. I highly recommend it. I will warn you, there is quite a bit of swearing in a few parts of the movie so if that bothers you don't see it. And if you do see it and it bothers you...well, I warned ya.

Little known fact #2- Every time I listen to A Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserables I am on the verge of tears. Every single time. Especially at the end when Marius says "I'm here" and Eponine says "That's all I need to know..." Holy cow, just typing it makes me weep. It is seriously heart wrenching to me and I'm not quite sure why. Strange, I know. Here it is if you want to listen/watch my favorite version.



Little known fact #3-I'm doing Weight Watchers and am having quite a bit of success with it. I'm not going to go into details becaaause...I don't want to. But I did want to share that little tidbit.

Little known fact#4-For about 5 months I was scared to death to drive at night. I'm never afraid of driving, whatever the weather whatever the time of day, but for some reason I went through a phase. I'm not scared anymore though. Even though I kind of should be there are deer EVERYWHERE.

Little known fact #5-I'm actually really afraid of deer. I don't understand it but I'm pretty sure it's something about their glowing eyes and ability to run (or roll?) in front of my car at any given moment. I remember driving into the canyon with Kiely one night and we kept seeing deer. I was in a panic about it to the point that I made myself ill.

That's enough for today...I'm trying to get into the practice of blogging more often in preparation for November...I have a whole week to prepare. Ha! Forgive me in advance for any random blogs you may come across in the next month.

3 comments:

Kevin and Laura said...

Yay for Les Mis! I watched the video here at school and it made me day.

Beth, you frequently make my day. :) Love you!!

Carrie said...

I love random blogs! Those are the most important in learning about a bloggers character! Keep them coming as often and as random as you want! Oh and that part of A Little Fall of Rain - Ditto! How could you write those words, the tears came instantly. Love you!

Brian said...

Wow! This was a great post. One day when there's a "Trivial Persuit: bEtH dEeVeR Edition," I'm going to rock it!