Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have mixed feelings

About Pandora.  Has anyone used it?  It's pretty great, you get to choose a song or an artist that you like and then they choose songs they think you would like that are similar in sound.  I think it's a fabulous way to learn about different artists and learn new songs but man do I get annoyed when you listen to a station for a few hours and suddenly you are hearing the same thing over and over.  Now, if that bugs me I have to say that what bugs me even more is the fact that I was listening to a Les Mis station today (I'm craving Les Mis right now) and I was hearing all of these fabulous songs from Broadway shows then suddenly I start getting random crap like Five for Fighting.  Umm...don't mess with a good thing Pandora.  I gave the thumbs up.  You know what I'm looking for, so don't get all creative...stick to what you're good at.  

1 comment:

merrilykaroly said...

Yeah... I listen to Pandora almost every day. We love it.

I have also noticed that you start hearing the same things over and over again after a while. My sister has noticed that Jack Johnson seems to turn up on pretty much every station. And if I hear Rocketman one more time...