Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm shocked...how about you?

I'm moving.  It's still quite new (like I just decided on Friday kind of new).  As many of you know or have figured by reading my blog, life in Utah isn't really going anywhere for me.  I have a lot of people that I love very much around me but for the most part spend every night at my apartment, in my bedroom.  I enjoy my job and the people I work with but I don't want to be here forever and I have been feeling like it was time for a change.  I love Utah and I love the life I have had here and truly think of it as home.  But, for the last few weeks I have been anxious for change and after a lot of prayer, a lot of crying and a Friday night visit to the temple I have decided to move back east.  I want to end up in the Northern VA/DC area but I may have to spend some time at home if I don't find a job right away.  So, there are the facts.

Here come the emotions.  I'm scared.  I never thought I would be scared to move home, but I am scared to death.  I'm afraid that I won't be able to find a job, I'm afraid that I don't have enough education to make it in a city like DC.  But fear isn't going to make this decision for me.  I feel very strongly that this is what I'm supposed to do and so I'm going to do it.  On top of fear I am just so sad.  I'm sad to leave this place that has become my home.  I have made a life for myself here, I have been given some wonderful people that have become my family that I ache inside to think of leaving.  I'm leaving my sister and Jerr & Austin behind which is going to be the hardest part.  In fact I cry every time I think about it...so onward.  I'm excited to be closer to most of my family and to some fabulous friends like old roommate Lori, favorite travel buddy Corinnie (oh the trips we will take...), growing up best friend Joanie and her family, my dear friend Laura Marie and many others.

I won't be moving until April, which seems like forever and yet it's really not that far away.  So there is my news.  If you read this and I know you that means I want to see you before I leave.  As silly as it sounds to say that now I know that with some of us we have to work really hard to make it happen so, starting now lets make that happen.  

Thanks to everyone in Utah that has helped to make it home for me and to everyone on the east coast, I can't wait to be closer to you!

3 comments:

Nate + Callie said...

Oh, Bess...I will miss you tons!! Just remember little ol' me...and we can try to visit from time to time!! I totally heart you!!

Brian said...

Two words...DO IT! I think this is a great move for you and hope that you will have great happiness in the magical land of Maryland! Don't let anyone talk you out of doing what is right for you.

merrilykaroly said...

moving is tough!!! but it sounds like this will be a new adventure! good luck!