Monday, January 12, 2009

It's that time again!

Little known facts about Beth!! Hoorah! Okay, so I feel like I'm neglecting my blog but don't have the energy to write anything of worth so for now I give you the first little known facts about Beth of the year. Enjoy...or stop reading, it's your choice.

*Up until last week I only liked hot chocolate from Starbucks or from Marina (she makes it just like Starbucks.) I realized last week that the reason I never liked hot chocolate when I made it was because I didn't put enough powder. The powder to water ratio is a tricky thing and mine was sorely lacking! My friend Ben made me some last week and it tasted perfect and in that first sip it all came together. Now I've had 3 cups of hot chocolate this week and for me that is huge.

*My scalp is fickle and dry. After trying every single shampoo that is sold in grocery stores I found that, just like me, my hair & scalp have expensive taste. I have resigned myself to spending $30 every few months on shampoo & conditioner. This past weekend I bought a scalp treatment and shampoo. I'm trying a new fancy shampoo (Biolage like they use at the salons) and I'm in love with it. I don't know what it will do for my hair or scalp but I do know that I can't stop sniffing my hair.

*I don't know if this is just me but I run out of all of my necessity's at the same time, no matter when I bought them. In the last week I have purchased face wash, foundation, eye shadow, toothpaste, shampoo and am about to run out of computer ink. All of those things, my friends, adds up to a pretty penny.

*I decided that my slogan for 2009 is going to be Shine in 2009. Thank you all for your ideas! They were great!

*I am watching the Gilmore Girls series again in my spare time and, although this won't prevent me from continuing, I have found that my memorization is getting a little sad. Not only do I know what people are going to say but I know the exact tone in which they will say it.

*I joined 24 Hour Fitness tonight because I really wanted to go to a gym that is closer to my house so I can work out in the morning and shower at home. A person can only feel so clean when they shower while wearing flip flops. I went and worked out tonight and although I miss the familiar faces at the Rec Center and although there are parts of 24 Hour that are quite intimidating I think I'm going to like it. If nothing else I know I'll go because I am actually paying for it and I don't want to waste my money.

*I may be 25 years old, and I may declare that often as proof that I am grown up and old enough to handle life on my own but no matter what happens I now know that I will always need my mommy. I learned that while I was visiting my family and while my mom was here and I'm perfectly okay with it too.

*I really like to listen to music that most people are completely sick of because it was played so much on the radio. There are certain songs that I don't think I will ever get sick of because they bring back memories of happy times. Some of these songs include Hey There Delilah, Realize, Tell Him, Put Your Records On, Never Saw Blue Like That and many more. I have listened to Never Saw Blue Like That at least once a week since I was 16 years old. Yeah, I'm a cheeseball. Don't judge me.

Here is a fun picture from when I was at home. Goodness I love Jeffer! My next post will be filled with pictures from home, don't you worry.

2 comments:

Marina said...

I'm glad you think mine tastes like Starbucks! That totally made my day!!! I haven't had my own hot chocolate in so long I forget what it tastes like...haha! Love you Bethie!

Josh said...

Fun Beth. Love the post. When it comes to blogging you are doing better than most. I'm a poet. I bet you didn't even know that.