Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Days that I don't have to work are seriously becoming the best days EVER. Yesterday I came home from work and was sooo grumpy. I don't know what my problem was because nothing really happened but I was grumpy. Then today! Today was beautiful! The weather was amazing I got a lot done in my bedroom and got to just chill in my room with the window wide open shredding paper for much of the morning.

My afternoon was spent playing at the playground with Sarah, Austin & Porter. The weather was again beautiful (if not a little warm after running around in the sun) and the company was fantastic. I loved watching the boys discover all of the fun things to do. Austin looked a little overwhelmed at first because there was just soo much to do but it ended up just being fantastic. I went to Sandy and had dinner with Chris after hanging with the fam during the day and again had a great time, laughed a lot, had good conversation and left just feeling plain old happy! All of these things are the reason I decided to give up the extra $100 and not work two extra days in April. My last day will be April 17th and I'm thrilled. That gives me 12 days to hang out with my family and with all of my wonderful friends. I have less then one month of work left and I couldn't be happier about it (except the whole not having an income and leaving some friends that I love a lot.) I'm grateful for my job and have learned SO much and have met some wonderful people but I feel so strongly that the time to move on really has come.

Enjoy some pictures from a day at the park!



Austin & Auntie Beth on the slide.

The boys on the spinning thing...
Austin looking SO proud of himself on the swing. He sat like that almost the entire time.


The monkey. He was hanging all by himself for quite awhile, then he just dropped to the ground. He's strong. His shirt has a monkey on it, I wish you could see it in this picture.
Porter & Aunt Beth in the SPACESHIP!!

Ohh and what is a day at the park with out a "perprise" (Surprise) trip to get ice cream!!

Those boys were soo happy. (And so were Sare and I.)And last but not least, the funniest thing ever. Mrs. Sarah (my sistah) tells Porter to touch the car while she puts Austin in his carseat. This is to prevent him from running into the street of course. So, I'm not sure how it started, but he puts both hands on the car, as seen below. I laugh every time because it just looks like he was pulled over by a cop. Ba haha! Gets me everytime, and now I have it for forever!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Shredding paper? Can I call you "The Shredder"?

Beth said...

Sure! Why not? I've been called worse. ;)