Sunday, August 23, 2009

Give, serve & love...

Lately I have had the thought "give, serve and love and ask for nothing in return" running through my mind often. This is something I have always worked to be and see myself fall short often because I don't want to be walked all over. I feel happier when I am giving, serving and loving and asking for nothing in return but how do I do that without becoming a doormat? Or is it all in my head that I'm becoming a doormat? If any of you out there have any thoughts on the matter I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I think if you are ever feeling like a doormat, something is off. Maybe finding new ways to give, serve, and love could also be good?

merrilykaroly said...

My problem is the opposite-- I like to give, serve, and love... and then be recognized for it. I'm really working on this whole thing too!!! good luck!