Friday, September 25, 2009

Pity Party, Table for one.


I just had a pity party. An all out, feel sorry for myself, lay on my bed and cry while listening to a playlist full of sad songs, pity party. I even posted a facebook status that gave my 385 friends too much information about my emotional state (and then quickly deleted it). And sometimes I think that's okay. I had a hard week. I'm tired all the time, whether I get enough sleep or not. I spend almost every minute that I'm not at work alone and after awhile that gets to a person. I spent yesterday eating toast and sleeping because I felt sick.

I keep a smile on my face most of the time but sometimes everything falls apart and luckily when that happened for me I was in a position that I could stop everything and feel sorry for myself.

It's okay to break down sometimes. It's okay to cry and throw a little pity party once in awhile, just as long as you get back up and return to normal life when you're done.

Now, please excuse me, I'm going to go back to normal life now.


Image: Carolita Johnson

2 comments:

Laura said...

so when you called me last night I could have been more supportive like leaving the noisy party I was at only for 20 minutes anyway, and given you an emotional chair to sit on for awhile. I'm sorry love! If it makes you feel any better I rather would have been with you anyway.

merrilykaroly said...

you can come play with us any day!! we love you!