Monday, September 29, 2008

Craving change...

Every now and then I go through a phase where I crave change. I'm in one of those phases and I just can't figure out what to do to change things up. I dyed my hair. I love it, it's different but it wasn't enough. About once a year I start to get anxious and want to move away from this sometimes stifling city. I want to move back to the east where things are fast paced, where I can see green without looking far, where I feel at home. Even when I'm just on that coast, not just Baltimore. When I went to Boston I was driving to pick Rin up from the airport and I felt at peace. I felt like I was at home. Maybe it's because I was driving on 95, maybe it's because the freeway was lined with beautiful green trees, maybe it was because I was much closer to my family then I usually am, quite possibly it was because I was going to pick up one of my best friends and I knew everything would feel just right once we started our crazy awesome vacation. But maybe it's because I belong on the east coast? I don't doubt it. I love the east and I WILL go back someday. I just don't know when. I go through this phase, I desperately want to leave and then I feel strongly that I should stay. Besides, if I left I would be way too far from my sister and my nephew and lately the only time I feel completely carefree is when I'm with them so really that would be silly.

Maybe the desire for change comes from seeing the lives of all of my friends changing and I want some for myself. I need to figure out ways to change things up in my life. I don't want to get bored. I don't want to spend all of my time dwelling on the fact that I'm alone or wishing I was somewhere else. I can't just sit around, my life is happening and I want to make the most of every moment. So how do I do that? What can I do that will give me a little change in my life and also help fill my life with something more interesting then oh, say, writing a blog. What do you do to change things up? Do you dye your hair like I do? Take a class? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Marina said...

you know me...i crave change every few months. So i change anything i can...my hair-cut and color, furniture, etc. etc. i'm boring what can i say.