Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One week...

In one week my mom will be HERE! I really can't wait. I mean really really. I've been sooo homesick and I have had some moments of lonliness of sorts and it's so nice to have mom around. I just can't wait. That's all there is to it. It's been a pretty good week. There have been some work issues that I am struggling with but I am trying to be strong and ignore it. The boss gets back Thursday and then I won't have to worry about it anymore I'll just have to get myself to fight the temptation to run it over in my mind which will in turn make me feel unappreciated over and over and I really don't want to get into that. Soo, I'll work on that.

Sunday was a really good day. Mostly. On Saturday the girl that was teaching Relief Society on Sunday called and asked if I would share with the sisters a trial I have had that I relied on the Lord to get through. Lets be honest here. I totally freeaaaked. Hellooo anxiety attack. I told her I would let her know and then I hung up the phone and cried. Then I told myself that she asked me for a reason and I needed to do it. I don't know why but I knew I needed to so I called and told her I would do it. Sunday started morning right when I woke up the anxiety started and didn't go away until about 20 minutes after I shared my experience in Relief Society. I was praying like crazy to know what to say. The thing that kept coming to my mind was the last thing I wanted to share, I didn't want to feel so exposed. For a girl that has worked VERY hard the past 3 years to be as unexposed as possible, getting up and telling a group of gorgeous, spiritual girls that seem (seem) to have it all together, that I struggle with depression was the last thing I wanted to do but I was supposed to so I did. I don't know what I said when I got up there but for the first time in years when I sat down I wasn't beating myself up for sounding stupid. Although I was shaking so much that people were probably beginning to wonder what my deal was I felt like I expressed myself clearly and the spirit was there, for me at least. I cried for a long time after I sat down but it wasn't so much a bad cry. All of RS was really amazing and the spirit was very strong and I did feel a closeness to the sisters that I hadn't felt before. It's hard to be in a ward with so many people that, at first glance, it seems I have nothing in common with but I have learned well over the years that the first glance means nothing. So ya know I'm working on that. Anyway the rest of Sunday was good too. I went and visited HB for her birthday and chatted with her for a little while which is always fun. We planned with Nate to go to dinner Monday night so I had something to look forward to. :-)

Work on Monday was one of those days where you just want to cry a whole bunch but you don't and then things get better. I just kept thinking about being with my summer friends minus T and I felt like I could make it. I did, no worries. It was so fun to be with N & H. We went to dinner at P.F Chang's (We asked what the P & F stand for the girl only knew that it was their names so we decided it must be Paul & Frank...Chang.) The person that brought our food out messed up and brought the wrong food but they put it on our table so they couldn't give it to the rightful owners, therefore it became ours FOR FREE. Heck yes two free entree's!! We were so excited and ate a whole bunch. Try the Mongolian Beef it's delicious (especially when it's free, otherwise it costs $15 and I dont' know how worth it that is...although it is pretty tasty...) We took what was left of our food to N's girlfriend and were able to spend a few hours talking with her. It was the first real conversation we've been able to have with her and hey, if N ends up marrying this cute girl we want to know her! :-) She's wonderful and I'm excited for N to be with someone that he loves so much and that loves him too.

The birthday celebrations continued today but for roommate A this time. We got pizza from CPK (heh heh) and had cake and ice cream and watched Cars...well, they're currently watching it still I am going to bed early tonight though because I didn't get to bed til 1 last night and I felt sooo sick all day and ended up leaving work early.

Anyway, that is life as of now. I am trying to get back in the habit of the goals I set for myself awhile ago. Hopefully I will do it. I really noticed a difference in myself when I was doing those things and I want to feel that way again. Until next time...

No comments: