Sunday, November 05, 2006

Waited til the end and still have no title

I really hate putting titles on these here blog posts...Maybe I will do that last.

I was so dang productive today. AL and I left the house this morning while it was still MORNING (before noon...not much before but still, showered dressed and gone by noon on a Saturday is incredible!) We shopped til we dropped and didn't really buy anything frivolous unless you count snowman candle holders that cost $4, but I don't think those count at all. While we were out I got a text informing me that another friend is engaged. JK deserves it more then anyone I can think of and I am SO thrilled for him but I have to say I was surprised, which was probably evident in my response which went something like "um, what? really?" Soon followed by a friendly congratulatory text. I guess I figured it would happen soon but J and I haven't talked in awhile so I hadn't heard any of the latest details. I'm thrilled for him and wish for him all of the happiness in the world because he deserves it. Getting that text made me a little sad, I will just say it straight out. I'm happy, SO happy for him but it's always a little sad when a guy friend is getting married because things change. When your girlfriends get married you can totally stay friends, it is expected but when guy friends get married it's different. I have one guy friend who got married and is still completely normal with me and I am insanely grateful, but it isn't common and I don't expect it. I think I just realized that the more and more my friends go off and get married the less friends I'll have...hey that's not okay!! :-) I remember one night JK saying to those of us in the car that we are the kind of friends that last. Someday we're all going to be married and have kids and we'll still be like, oh yeah my friend J or my friend R and our kids can be friends too. Friends that last, sitting on rocking chairs on their front porches talking about the "good old days"...that sounds good to me.

Speaking of the good old days I ran into a friend from the "good old days" today. I'm tellin ya, my week to see old friends. I saw her at the one place you run into someone you know EVERY time you go there...Walmart. It was so fun to see her and catch up. It had been a few years I think since we have talked and I loved it. She was in the old ward back in its prime. When the whole ward was BF'sF (haha!) and we hung out together all the time. Tightest bond I have ever had with such a huge number of people and it lasts. To this day I see people from that time and my heart is warmed because of what we all shared. We may not have known everyone on a deep personal level but everyone felt welcome and loved and a part of something. Some of my best friends came from that time in my life and I will hold on to them forever. Anyway, it was so refreshing talking to my friend because as we talked she brought up the good old days and everything she said hit so close to home and I just had to thank her because sometimes I think that it was so good I had to have made it up. But it was real, she said so. :-)

I bought stuff to make pumpkin pie tomorrow and although I am excited about it I am a little nostalgic because the years that T was living out here we made pie from scratch right out of a real pumpkin and yes I assume I could do that too but really, lets be honest, that is a lot of work and it is SO less fun when you aren't doing it with your besties. So I bought the canned stuff. *Shhh don't tell* We're hoping to have some friends over to eat those there pies tomorrow after the fireside so hey we might just be social for a few minutes. Miracle of miracles.

I need to find a new place to live. In these parts you have to sign up early to get the good stuff but I am at a total loss. I don't even know where to begin. This will be the first time I'm moving alone I have always known someone but this is just me this time. Scary, but good for me. Now although my social life would be worse then it is now, I would love to have my own place. I just need to find someone to pay for it. heh heh. That would be the dream but it won't happen for awhile I'm sure. Maybe just one other roommate would be good. Maybe I should just move to Boston to my two bedroom wood floor apartment with a fireplace that I have decided is so "Boston" and sooo what I am looking for. Good old apartments.com Helping lost 20 somethings find a home one dingy rundown apartment at a time. *sigh* Welp, I am off to watch a movie that has come highly recommended by T. A Prairie Home Companion. I love the soundtrack I'm sure I will love the movie. I'll let you know...whoever you are...

No comments: