Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday already! Yay! I have an admission...I listened to Harry Potter (the 1st book) on CD at work yesterday and today and I loved it...DANG IT! Seriously, I have been fighting this for years but pure boredom overcame my stubborness and I listened to it. I am so ashamed, but really excited too. I can totally see why everyone loves it. How embarrassing. Pride is bad, don't give in! My awesome old roomie is going to let me borrow the rest of her cds so I can feed this new addiction. What a pal. :-) I'm really awake today, I went to bed at 9 last night and slept until 7. Lucky me!!

R called me today and asked if I want to go to Disney on Ice this weekend. SO there! I'm really excited. Mostly to hang with R but Disney on Ice should be fun too.

Okay, so just a quick jump back to Sunday. Sunday was incredible. Fast and Testimony meeting was amazing, Sunday School also amazing and Relief Society...well pretty much just blew me away. I am amazed more and more at the faith of the sisters in my RS. I have SO much I can learn from them and I love being there. The lesson was given by the RS Secretary and she chose my favorite talk from all of conference for the basis of her lesson. She used the first talk from the RS General meeting. It's amazing, I don't care if you are a girl or not you should read this talk. All of them really, but that one really touched me. As I wrote about once before, they had a video of sisters sharing their testimonies on how they feel the love of the Lord in their lives at the conference session. That question was posed to us in RS and wow, I was so touched by the answers the sisters gave. Every one of them should have been in that video. That lesson was one that I wished more then ever that anxiety wouldn't hold me back so much. There were things I just wanted to share but fear overcame that desire. I hate that. One time I even raised my hand but after not being the first chosen (which is SO okay by the way) I chickened out and thought my answer wouldn't be as good so I didn't answer. I did read a quote because I just needed to do something. Just thinking about that lesson right now fills my heart so much. Relief Society is awesome. I love that we have a place to go that feels so safe, I truly feel that sisterhood that everyone always talks about. Amazing.

We invited some people over for pie on Sunday night and unfortunately everyone was busy but AF from the ward did come and I was so glad. She is such a cool person and I don't really know her very well but I have a feeling we have some things in common. This girl KNOWS geneology. I wish I did, maybe someday I'll ask her to teach me. She taught a class in church last year but I have taken that class soo many times and I never really get it and I just felt like I would end up being frustrated just like every other time so I didn't go. I think I'm more of a one on one kind of student. Anyway, she came and had some pie and then stayed for ward prayer. It was fun to talk with her a bit more. Ward prayer was interesting as always, especially with the help of my roommates electric shock game. Not quite sure why people like to be hurt but they kept playing. It was really funny. :-) I ended up staying up way too late and hanging out with my roommates, ALL OF THEM, which is something we haven't done in forever. It wasn't completely interactive but it was nice.

I miss having social experiences and I keep feeling like the effort I am putting forth never works out. I'm keeping a positive attitude about it and convincing myself that it isn't personal, because I really don't think it is. People are busy, that is where it ends. It is certainly a weird change from 223 land where we didn't even have to work for it, we had it so much that it sometimes got old. Now I have to work for it and it is hard. We don't have a ton of people that we can invite over but I'm trying. I invited N over for pie and he said he would come after work but ended up having to stay late and couldn't coem because he had to be somewhere at 10. I was so sad! I miss him and never get to talk to him anymore. He is going to meet his girlfriends family next week which will be one of the last steps needed before they get engaged. I am so excited for him but I do miss him. We have been friends since we were 13 or 14 and he has always been a strength to me. He took me to my prom and put up with me being a brat to him afterwards. He is the only person I wrote to regularly on his mission. He is like my brother and after spending so much time together this summer I just miss him. That's all. Don't read into that people for the love don't be like that. I just miss him. The end. That is all.

I'm out.

No comments: