Friday, May 23, 2008

One blog will not be enough.

I went to Boston. That's right, it happened. Even better, it was everything I hoped for and I never want to go back to Utah. Okay, I sure would miss some amazing people if I never went back to Utah but as of right now, I never want to go back to Utah. Monday is coming too quickly. I'm in Maryland right now visiting my family which is proving to be as wonderful as I hoped as well.
I won't go into the details of my trip today but I will say that I feel so blessed. Although we got lost often we had absolutely no problems (except when I sat in wet paint in my favorite clothes...there was no sign on the bench) and Corinnie and I had a great time catching up and picking up right where we left off as roommates 5 years ago. She is one of my favorite people and I love that we got to travel together. I'll say it now, traveling with an old roommate or a roommate is probably the best choice a person could make (except maybe a spouse of course). We know each others quirks, know when to leave things alone and know that when we're lost for two hours and we both stop talking it's not because we're mad at each other but insanely frustrated by the situation. I saw everything I wanted to see, did everything I wanted to do and fell crazy in love with the city of Boston. Just like I thought I would. Someday when I'm insanely rich I will live in Beacon Hill, or Bunker Hill I'm not picky. I'll post a few pictures (I took almost 300...) in this blog and in the blogs to come there will be many more.


Also, thanks to all of you wonderful people that responded to my "Curious" blog. It's nice to know that people read my babble so I think I'll keep on keepin' on. Onto the pictures!
The only way I know to describe my favorite parts of Boston is "quaint"
Bunker Hill monument. The sky is my favorite part. Rin and I with our dumb faces at Hahvahd (Harvard for you non Bostonians)

Necco Wafers!! Did you know those are made in Boston? One of my new favorite places, Botanical Gardens across the street from Boston Common.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome Beth! I'm so glad it was a good trip! Excited to see you when you get back!

Corinne said...

This vacation just proves that friendships really do last! 5 years without each other and we were able to spend 5 days with no one but each other, and not kill one another! YEAH! I had so much fun with you Bethie! Maybe in another 5 years we can go on vacation together again! Wouldn't that be awesome? Love you!

VeNicia said...

Gorgeous pics! I can't believe I never knew the origin of Neccos--one of THE most underrated candies, if I do say so myself. (And I do.)

Fun to read your blog!