Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home

One of my favorite parts about being home is that I get to see people from my childhood & teenage years that I love very much and that know me quite well. One of my favorite people to see when I come home is my old Bishop. That man knows me well, I admire him very much and I always feel so accepted and so loved when I'm in his presence. He knows how to show genuine care for people, I want to be like him someday. I saw him at church today and everything I always experience when talking to him happened again. As we we walked out of church we were talking about some of the Bmore girls that are married or getting married. And then he said what many single people often dread but he said it in a way that I felt no pressure whatsoever. He said something along the lines of, You'll be getting married sometime soon too right? At least if there are any smart guys out there in Utah you will be. I felt no pressure, no judgement, just love. Then I said, oh eventually and when I do there will be a banner and probably a marching band. To which my Bishop responded "and I'll be right at the front of it all" I am so blessed to have people that care about me so much, everywhere I go. I have so many people that want so much for me and it makes things even better when I come home and I am in a place in my life where I feel like I am making those people proud. Why is it that everytime I come home I get deep? It's happening this time too. So many thoughts!!

1 comment:

Marina said...

I'm so glad you got to visit home(and jealous at the same-I haven't been home in over a year).And I will so keep you updated on the house. Love you!