Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quotations

I love quotes. Once upon a time Kiely & I made quote books and I loved searching for new ones to add. Right now my quote book is packed up somewhere under my bed but some of my favorites are the ones my friends have said. So, for your reading pleasure (or maybe this is more for me..yeah probably) some of my favorite quotes! (Oh, and I said some of them but that doesn't mean I can't think they're funny!)

I want someone that’s taller than an inch…with real people clothes. ~Lori

Have you ever seen a hot homeless person? ~Beth

Your apartment has turned into hippieville since the TV left. ~Laura Fox

I’m like the man who has to hold up the world. Why do I inflict that upon myself? ~Kiely

Avril: Why should I care?
Beth: Because your mom said to.
Kiely: Word

You're talkin about Ben Tanner here, mountain man. He's out there skinning deer live and stuff. -Kiely

Hot dogs & eggs yummy yummy. -Ryan

If you turn to the side and stick out your tongue you'll look like a zipper. -Corinne in Brooklyn Accent

Until I have a boyfriend who dotes on me I can't feel good about myself -Lori

And you found out that the devil was your moms obstetrician -Dave Clawson

Rach: This looks scrumtious.
Rob: Thanks I've been working out.

It must suck to haul asphalt. -Amy

"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them & hope they panic & give in." -Kiely & Corinne

"I Love Them...in the good, HR kind of way." -Consultant speaking at my company meeting.

"Unrequited love KILLS!!" -Rachel, while explaining a part of Le Mis

"I am feeling VERY discomforted" -My twelve year old cousin Jason in response to some paintings of half dressed women at the museum.

Love you dawlin' -Gran (You really just have to hear the way she says it, makes me so happy EVERY time)

And now some less funny but still fabulous ones:

"The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it." -C C Scott

"Things do not change, we change." -Henry David Thoreau

"A turning point in growing up occurs with the discovery that our core strength within us can survive all the hurt." -M. Lerner

"There had to be the dark and muddy waters so that the sun could have something to background its flashing glory." -A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

"You gain strength, courage, & confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...do the thing you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

"One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder where you are when you don't come home at night. -Margaret Mead

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I'm so happy to see that you remembered me in your list of quotes! I love reading those old lists of quotes too and laughing out loud. Wish I knew where they were!