Sunday, June 01, 2008

Lately I've been thinking a lot about God's will and my own will. There are a few aspects in my life, one in particular, that I feel like I haven't completely turned over to Heavenly Father. The time that I was on vacation gave me time to actually think about my life, which is something I haven't done in awhile because I'm constantly doing things. Then this past week my home teachers came over and they taught us a lesson about prayer. I know that prayer is important, I know that it is the way to have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. I know that He knows me and really does want to hear about every little thing in my life. These are all things I know. While we were talking my home teacher talked about praying to make our will in line with God's will for us. As I said, I had been thinking about that but hadn't connected it with prayer. Good ol' home teachers, teaching by the spirit. Since I had been thinking about this last week it really struck me and I realized it was for a reason that this has been a theme lately. So, I'm trying. I want to let go of the things that I cling to. There are things I want so badly, but I don't know that it is His will for me to have those things right now, or at all. I decided to turn everything over to Him and although it was hard for me to set aside my pride to do that, I really feel that He is proud of me and I KNOW that He knows what is best for me. I want to live a life that emulates that of my Savior. I have a bit of heart ache over one of the things that I turned over to Him the other day but I know there is a purpose. I will not be given more then I can handle. I know that Heavenly Father knows the desires of my heart and I know that as long as they are righteous desires, in time, I will be blessed with those things.


A picture of one of the beautiful sights in Massachusetts. There really is more to come, in time. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I had no idea you had a blog. You are amazing and I know I have a lot to learn from you. I will be a regular reader from now on. You really are the best sister anyone could have and such a great example to me. Thank You!!!!!! Love, Sarah