Monday, June 16, 2008

The update before the update.

Yeah, that's right, I'm going to start the Boston update. I'm sure you're all dying to hear about it. Right, yeah I realize it was a month ago but my life is crazy right now.

But before Boston, a more recent update. This past weekend I went to St George with my amazing friends Rachel & Brian. Tuacahn is having Broadway in the Desert this summer and they did Les Miserables! We decided we just had to go and it was amazing! I'm so glad we went. The weekend was a blast overall. It was soo nice to get away from Provo again and to spend time with Amy & Josh and with the Hench's, our family friends that moved to St George from Maryland. The Hench's were so generous and let us stay at their house. I was able to spend some good quality time with them, which I haven't been able to do in years. I love them so much! They made my friends feel so welcome and just took them in as their own, just like they do with everyone they meet. They are so generous and kind.

Les Mis was amazing. We had such a great time and now I'm a little obsessed with the music from the show. That is to be expected I assume. :) I'll get through it. I never thought I could get so involved in a musical but I really did. I cried when people died, my heart ached with Eponine as she had to watch the man she loved fall in love with someone else. It was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone that is Utah, or around these parts that can get to St George. Go! It's playing all summer and it's worth every penny.

Here are a few pictures from our weekend. And keep reading because here comes Boston Day 1....

Gotta love the big rocking chair at the Chevron in Beaver!


Brian saved me from a coffee flavored Jelly Belly. He's holding the spit cup, I'm holding the chewed up jelly bean...ew.

Rach & I sitting in the car at Amy & Josh's house. We were so tired...

Those cute Holt's! I love them :)

1 comment:

Shauna Malia said...

I've still never seen Les Mis but I LOVE the music from the show. I think "On My Own" can be almost every teenage girl's theme song, and it was definitely mine at times.

I'm so glad you had fun! I hope I'm able to see you before I go home at the end of the week, for the summer. You're so awesome! I LOVE YOU, girl!!

:0)