Saturday, June 21, 2008

I think you all should know.

I've mentioned my friend Chris a few times on this here bloggy blog but there's something I think you all should know. He's pretty awesome. Tonight I went up narth (that's north for you non spanish farkians) to hang out with Chris for a few hours. I'd had a good day but parts were a little bit hard and, even though he hasn't had the greatest week, he really lifted my spirits.

We've been friends for about 6 years now and I think a lot of that time I took him for granted. The past year and a half or so I have really realized what a blessing his friendship is to me. He has taught me a lot, about the gospel, about being a better friend, and a ton of other things. He has shown insane amounts of patience when many people probably would have given up...on me that is. I sure can be a pain in the butt as a friend sometimes and he has put up with a lot from me but continues to be patient and forgiving. He is kind, accepting, supportive, funny and faithful among other things. What a blessing it is to have a friend like Chris.

Funny story from tonight. Yesterday I went to FYE and got a FANTASTIC deal on an iTrip. ($12 to be exact) It had been opened so I kind of thought it might not work but I thought I'd give it a try and return it if it didn't work. I wasn't surprised when I went to turn it on and it wouldn't come on. I planned to just return it today but never got around to it. I pulled it out when Chris got in the car and asked if he would try it, just to be sure I wasn't crazy. He played with it a bit and couldn't get it to work so we just figured it was broken. But then, in a moment of pure genius, Chris pulled out his early 90's nintendo skills. You know the ones, when the game would freeze, you'd pull the game out and blow on it to get the dust out, or whatever it was that made every kid in America think the game wouldn't work anymore. Yeah, that's right he blew on the iTrip then on the iPod and then just for laughs, tried again. As we laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation I hear Chris say "it worked!" And he was correct! It really did work. My once non-functioning iTrip suddenly started working. So ladies and gentlemen, this is living proof that although we all looked foolish doing it, there was a purpose behind those moments of desperation as children. I must say, I haven't laughed that hard in so long. So thanks Chris, for being such an incredible friend and for helping to lift my spirits tonight. You're truly one of a kind!

What's a blog without a picture?

Me, with Rach & Chris after watching the Joseph Smith movie & having a picnic on temple square.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Beth! What a lift! That really was a hilarious story! I still do that sometimes too! Just to see...because you really do never know if the blowing will work! We must just, as humans, have magical breath!