Sunday, August 10, 2008

Go figure...

Why is it that I always get super involved in a ward right before I leave it? Such a pattern for me. That's where I sit right now, so sad to leave but ready for a new adventure. I'm ready to move into my new apartment with two fabulous roommates, a fireplace, a nice big washer & dryer and insanely cheap rent. I am, however, not ready to leave these people that have become close to my heart. I think this ward will be harder to leave then my Raintree ward because I know that my relationships here aren't AS strong, therefore I won't be seeing these people a lot, if at all and so it's hard to see it all end. The change will be good though. Life is about progressing and I feel like this will be a great move.


Several of my favorite ward friends are also moving but some are moving much further away and for a much longer time and that is less okay with me.

I have two friends that I have blogged about before but who deserve to be mentioned again. They are wonderful guys, so happy, so loving, so respectful and always hilarious. Their testimonies shine through their countenances and their actions and I have become a much better person since I met them.

One of those fabulous brothers has been the very best friend I have found in this ward and I am so sad to see him leave, but so happy for him to go have new adventures! You know who you are my friend, and I appreciate you. I won't forget our long talks, your ability to ask just the right question, the many tears you have let me cry, but number one I will not forget the lessons you have taught me. I have a greater understanding of my worth because of the way you treated me and because you taught me that I always deserve better. You don't let me underestimate myself, you are patient and have truly lifted me up and helped me to become better. If anyone knows the meaning of true friendship it is you.

Now that I'm done being a a blubbering little girl I will go, but sometimes these things need to be said. :)

No comments: