Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just some ramble...

After a conversation with my Visiting Teacher recently I have been thinking about a song that I should maybe think about more, at least parts of the lyrics. The first time I heard this song I was probably 16 & I was sitting in the congregation at a Why I Believe fireside. If you can't tell by the details, this song really touched me. I guarantee that the fact that my best friend & her sister who I thought (and still think) are two of the strongest women I know were singing it helped to make the memory so vivid. I needed that song then & although it's a little cheesy & it's a Michael McLean song, I need that song now too. I listened to it for the first time in years today and was touched by the reminders. It's simple, but I'm going to post the lyrics in case someone else needs the reminder as much as I did. (And stay tuned, there is more beneath the lyrics)

Gentle

Like a gentle wind can blow the clouds from the sky,
Like a gentle touch can ease the pain of goodbye,
Like a gentle smile embraces empty souls in lonely places,
We should be more gentle with ourselves.

Like the friend who gently builds us up when we're down,
Like a gentle kiss can turn our world all around,
We've been hurt by others often,
We've forgiven and forgotten,
We should be more gentle with ourselves.

Life can be hard but
we need not be so hard
on ourselves,
If we will see

Like the Shepherd leads his flock with gentle commands.
With his gentle voice that only hearts understand.
One thing we can know for certain, He has borne the awful burdens
so we can be more gentle with ourselves.

One thing that I know for certain:
He will bear my every burden,
So I can be gentle with myself.


Now, I know I've talked about this a little bit before but I have to say that I really am learning that no matter how stressful life gets, no matter how much heartache I am feeling, no matter what is going on in my life, the moment I see this little guy running at me with his arms raised for me to pick him up I am filled with complete joy. I LOVE the days that I get to have lunch with my big sister & my nephew. They really do get me through my week. I hope you know that Sare! I love you guys. Here is a video of the cuteness. I know it looks a little boring at the beginning but stay tuned there is a big (adorable) ending! (At least for the Mom Mom's, Sassy's, & G-Gran's out there...)

1 comment:

hOLLIANN said...

Beth - so fun to find you on facebook and to get caught up! You look like you are still as fun as ever!

Keep in touch!