Saturday, July 12, 2008

Boston Day 2 You thought I gave up didn't you?

Alright, I'm still doing the Boston thing. I'm mostly doing this for myself as a journal so skip on past this one if it bores you or you've already heard it all.

Day 2

What a day this was. Probably my least favorite day of the trip because we were soo tired from all of the walking on Saturday and because we got insanely lost several times. Sunday morning we decided to go to Cambridge for church. I wanted to see what the singles ward was like just in case I someday decide to move to Boston ya know? We got a little bit of a late start and then we got horribly lost. After much stress, much frustration and a few moments close to tears we made it to the church. We were late but we made it. The chapel was completely full so Corinne and I sat in the foyer (we later found out there was a balcony that had space, we loved the balcony when we looked at it later though.) After Sacrament meeting we waited around and talked with Bre a little bit then we changed into regular clothes so we could go wander around Cambridge in comfort. Bre helped us find Tom & then a place to eat and then we said goodbye to her. We had a nice lunch (by nice I mean the company, the food was kind of terrible) and then Tom had to go meet some friends that he was driving back to New York with. It was a quick trip but I'm really glad he came. I love spending time with Tom so much. It was probably good that he left when he did because we were going to run out of things to do quickly at the rate we were seeing things with Tom. After we said bye to Tom, Corinne & I headed off to Havahd! We were so excited to see the Ivy Leagues & I was just excited to see things I had seen on Gilmore Girls, I know I know I'm a nerd. Harvard was beautiful, green & filled with smart people (or so we assumed)

Not sure what building this is but I loved it.

The Ivy covered walls of the Ivy League
Now that's just funny.
I could handle living in this kind of on campus housing.

Our visit to Harvard was short because our feet were killing us. Neither of us had worn very good shoes for the amount of walking we did on Saturday and then we both made the mistake of wearing those same shoes on Sunday so after our walk around Harvard & Harvard Square we decided to head back to the church, get some water & then drive into Boston. Here is a picture of what I lovingly call "those cursed bricks" Do you know how badly those hurt your feet when you are wearing flip flops that are almost completely worn through?

Rin's poor blistered feet and my poor flip flop feet on the cursed bricks
We got lost once again as we drove back to Boston. We thought we were doing okay and then we saw a bridge, which was a big deal because we searched forever for the bridge to get into Cambridge so finding it quite quickly when we left the city was exciting. Exciting, that is, until we were half way across the bridge (and we had proceeded to scream "THE BRIDGE! WE FOUND THE BRIDGE!!!!! and clap a whole bunch) and realized we were on a different bridge. That was discouraging and incredibly hilarious to us. We laughed long and hard about that one. We drove around the city and eventually got to Boston Common where we planned to lay in some grass and chat until we realized parking was crazy expensive and it was about to rain. We were so tired and so achy that we just decided to go to the hotel for the night. We stopped at Target and I bought some new flip flops (nice strong thick soled flip flops!) and then we went to the hotel and played Skip Bo while watching Take The Lead on TV & eating left over italian food with our fingers.

Yes, the food was good enough to resort to such desperate measures.
The lovely left over Chicken Parm


I must say, if a day like this one, which was actually pretty fun and full of memories was the worst of my trip that is really saying something.

Here are a few random pictures from that day.

This sign was across the street from the LDS Church we went to, it filled me with joy. (And yes I know it's for a Quaker church.)
Quite possibly the coolest LDS church I have ever seen. It was so old that the floors creaked and I love that!

I have always wanted to live in a circular room, now I know where to go for that.

No comments: