Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Happy 5 year "I didn't die-iversary"

Yeah, that's right, if my calculations are correct it is 5 years today that I didn't die. Many of you know the story, most of you were around for the events that led up to my near death-ness so an explanation of the events is unnecessary. I am blessed and I am greatly aware of that fact. Apparently I still have things to do in this life, which I believe, is what kept me here. It doesn't matter if the doctor told my family to be prepared because it didn't look good, with a lot of strength that came from a source other then myself I beat those odds. It took me a long time to fight off the depression & anxiety that came with my recovery but I'm glad I didn't let it rule my life forever because I have so many opportunities that I wouldn't want to miss out on because I was too scared. My hair is back to normal, I feel happy more often then I feel sad, I haven't had arthritis pain or hives in years, I can speak in front of people with out passing out or vomiting (although I still feel like I might on most occasions), and I'm overall a stronger person because of those experiences & feel I am more able to understand & help others when they struggle with similar feelings. The months & years that followed my hospital stay were not easy ones but I would do it all over again.

Enough of that deep talk, lets move on to my shallow side. Today I realized that my only two pairs of jeans have holes in them. I started searching around on the internet trying to find some new ones that I like, it's always a painfully long process. (you'd think I would start it before my jeans became holey.) In my random wanderings I found a pair of jeans that I absolutely love and, as I often do, found myself on zappos.com drooling over shoes that I can't afford. And so, here are pictures of the things I wish I was rich/frivolous enough to buy.

$100 jeans...anyone want to convince me they're worth it? Please?
Cute red shoes that match nothing I own but would still have a happy home with me.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Bethie, I'm so glad you didn't die.Because then I wouldn't have been able to be roommates with you!
As for the jeans, I would try to convince you they're worth it, but I've never spent over $45 on jeans...so you're on your own there. As for the shoes-LOVE THEM! I say go for it!:-) I love you-sorry I haven't been around much! ONce I get this moving crap done, I'll be free as a bird and so not stressed...which I am right now. Anyway, I'm sorry, and I do love you! So does Desi and paco!
(p.s. Bday party next month on Aug 14th for desi! #2!!!!:-))

Corinne said...

Yeah for life! I love you Bethie. And I do remember that, it was scary and awful, and I am so happy that you are still here to be my friend. You definitely have things to do in this life. You are a blessing to all those around you and can always make me smile. i love you!