Friday, July 04, 2008

Fun night and a dream come true...sorta

Last night I went to AF to hang out with Chris. We had originally planned on going to see Hancock but by the time we got into the theater there were only seats right in the front and I would have spent the whole movie feeling sick...such a pansy with the motion sickness. The nice people at Cinemark gave Chris some passes to replace the tickets we didn't use and then we set out to find something to do. We started out at Target, which is where a dream sorta kinda a little bit came true...okay pretty much not at all but it was still fun! We found this keyboard in the electronics section that lights up the keys you are supposed to press to play any number of well known (and not so well known) songs. Chris started out playing it and I kind of hesitated because I didn't want to mess up. Yeah, I'm a nerd. I've never played a piano and so I thought I would look dumb trying to figure out which fingers to use and possibly hitting the wrong keys. I watched Chris for awhile, picking songs and listening to him play and then I finally went for it and it was so fun. Right as I started playing I realized that it didn't matter which key you hit, it would still play the correct note which kind of took away from the fun of it all, but not too much. Now I want one so badly!! And my desire to learn out to play the piano is even greater...dang Target! Anyone want to teach me how to play the piano?!

After Target we went to Walmart and decided it would be fun to buy some fireworks and set them off somewhere close by. After we bought them we drove around and ended up pretty close to my sisters house so we called and invited Sare & Jerr to join us for some pyro-technics. Jerr was too tired but my awesome sister came and played with us. It was pretty fun, even though we had some issues with fire, wind & a crappy lighter. We were able to set off all of the fireworks we bought and had fun doing it! It was fun to hang out with my sister too. It's been a really long time since I have spent time with her without Jerr and/or Austin. Not that that's a bad thing, of course. I love Jerr & Austin but it's really fun to just spend time with my cute sister. Thanks Sare for humoring us crazy single kids with nothing better to do on a Thursday night at 10:45!! Overall it was a really fabulous night and I think we were able to have more fun actually interacting and doing fun things rather then watching a movie then going home right after. What a great day! And Happy Fourth of July everyone!!

In honor of hanging out with my sister last night and in honor of the 3rd anniversary of when she got engaged (3 years and 2 days ago..) here is a picture of us wearing goofy hats at her bridal shower.

Gotta love the skunk hat I'm wearing & the dew rag/veil combo of Sarah's..ghetto superstars

No comments: