Friday, July 18, 2008

Some old some new





As a fun way to help the sisters in the ward know that they are loved & thought of the RS Presidency had the idea to go "chalking". We got some sidewalk chalk and then went and drew all over the sidewalks of the girls in the ward. Although this was a few months ago it was a really fun activity and I really love some of the pictures so I had to share.

Now, back to the present. Last Friday was a day of much rejoicing! Allison moved back to Utah & Chris Rach and I finally got to hang out with one of our favorite people! It was such a fun/random night and I was so grateful for it! Last week was a hard week at work and I was a grump to everyone I came in contact with except for Friday with these wonderful people. The evening started at a Japanese restaurant that ended up being crazy expensive but still fun. Rach & I shared an appetizer and Chris & Al both got some sushi. (PS I had to use chopsticks to eat my rice because I was too prideful to ask for a fork and lets just say it was an adventure.) After that we went to get dinner #2 at Goodwood. Delicious food!! It was kind of silly and we probably spent just as much as we would have if we just ate at the Japanese restaurant but it makes for fun memories. After dinner(s) Al had to go meet her sisters so Rachel Chris & I decided to go to a Jon Schmidt concert that was just starting only a few blocks away. I loved the spontaneity and I had SO much fun at the concert. Someone *ehem* started a grass fight that continued throughout the evening. (I woke up on Saturday morning with grass on my pillow) It was a fantastic evening that ended in a bit of a sad way but, in general it was a good night. (When we returned to the mall parking lot where Chris & I had left our cars we found that Chris' car had been involved in a hit and run. It made me sick to my stomach when I saw it but if we want a good outlook on it, i'm just glad no one was in the car & no one was hurt. But lets be honest, it still pretty much sucks.)

Rach & I with our teeny tiny $8 appetizer.
Chris & Al at dinner #2

Gorgeous sunset at the Jon Schmidt concert
Rach, Chris & Me at the concert

Saturday was a fun day for me too. I was able to watch my cute little nephew at 6:30am while his Mommy & Daddy went fishing. It was a fun experience and I had a great time spending a few hours with him so I could see all of the fun things he does now. He is growing up so fast and honestly, the kid is just hilarious. I pretty much let him do whatever he wanted (that's what Aunties do right?) and although there was some trauma when he had to go down for a nap it was a perfectly fabulous morning of playing with the best kid in the world. I only took two pictures & one video but I really love the video. Little boys & their cars/cheerios.

Must get ALL cheerios out of cup!!!

Such concentration.

I'm now realizing that it has been a busy week! I had something going on every night this week but I will just update about one more thing. A friend from work (Melissa) was in the musical Footloose at a local outdoor theater & so I invited Al, Rach & Chris to go see it with me and some co-workers. It was so much fun to watch & Melissa did a fabulous job. I have loved all of the fun outdoorsy things I have been able to do this summer. Outdoor concerts, movies and plays are one of the greatest parts about Utah summers and I'm really glad I have been able to take advantage of that this year. I hope to do a lot more of it in the next few months.


Sorry for the crazy long post & billions of pictures! Looks like when my life is eventful I need to post more often. Happy Summer-ing everyone!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ok just had to comment real quick! It sucks about Chris's car! We have had 3 hit and runs on our 2 vehicles just this past year! Nothing has been super major, but it feels so horrible to have something of yours damaged and no one even takes the time to apologize or even acknowledge their wrong! But its true no one was hurt so that is a good thing!