Tuesday, November 16, 2010

4:30 AM

4:30 AM has become my least favorite time of day. Without fail every morning at 4:30 I wake up. Some days it I only stay awake for a few minutes and then fall back asleep and some days I stay awake for hours before falling asleep again. I have also been having trouble falling asleep at night. My mind just thinks and thinks and goes over and over every little thing that happened during my day or every little thing that I need to get done at work or every little fear that I have about the future or the present. I agonize over things that I said the day before and worry that I hurt someone or said the wrong thing or didn't take care of something.

I have never had this problem before. I've always been able to fall asleep and stay asleep and I miss it. In part I am grateful that my heart is so invested in so many things that it keeps me up at night, while at the same time it isn't healthy. It makes my temper short and some days my patience non-existent. I've been working on being more positive and seeing the good in every day but a lack of sleep makes it harder.

Everyone cross your fingers that I can sleep again someday.

In other news, I fell in love today. One of the people we support at work came in with his new puppy and I almost died. I don't usually fall in love with dogs so quickly but this one stole my heart in seconds. I couldn't get enough of him! They let me take him out of his carrier and I just sat there and snuggled with him. I can't remember the type of dog he was now but all I know is that he had beautiful blue eyes and soft white fur and it made me want a dog more than I ever have before. Anyone have a puppy that I can cuddle with and then give back??

2 comments:

Lora said...

I hear you on the sleep thing. I hope, hope, hope you can sleep again SOON!

merrilykaroly said...

So... this might sound silly to you, but when I start having trouble clearing my mind and falling asleep because I am agonizing over things, I have a little trick I do. In my mind, I put all of those things in a bag and zip up the bag. Then I put that bag in a bigger bag or box or suitcase or any kind of container I can think of. I just keep putting them in bigger things and then sealing them up in new ways (zippers, buttons, drawstrings, whatever creative thing I can think of). Pretty soon my mind is thinking about all of those things and I am not thinking about the things that are stressing me out. And I fall asleep. I know it sounds silly, but it's just my own little trick and it helps.

Hope you get more sleep soon! And you should get yourself a puppy :)