Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Life

Today life kind of distracted me from the idea of blogging. For years I have been wanting to be busy and to feel fulfilled and it makes me so happy when I get home at night feeling like I had a great day filled with hard work, good people and a little bit of relaxation too. I come home at night to a place that feels like home. I have a roommate that is the best "fit" I could imagine for my life where it is right now. I have a job that, although busy and sometimes stressful, I can't wait to go to the next morning. I live close to a real city and I absolutely love the location. I have great friends and have tons of fun with them. I work with people that teach me how to love more than I knew was possible. I am in a very small ward and it reminds me that my presence there matters. I can make a difference and make some great friends too.

Is life perfect? Of course not. Do I complain more than I should? Definitely. When life gets hard or overwhelming these days the best thing to me is that when I stop and think about things all I can feel is gratitude. Now I just hope that I can do everything I can to keep this feeling no matter what happens around me. I was reminded of this when someone spoke in church and shared a story from high school. He said that his institute teacher asked them if they felt like their lives would end if their girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them or if they couldn't play their favorite sport or if they lost a friend. He told them that if they did feel that way their lives weren't based on the right thing. When I put my trust in the Lord I know I can feel stronger in any situation than I would if I wasn't.

This is a huge jumble of thoughts, but really what's new? I think I'll go read Harry Potter now. :)

No comments: